Sunday, February 14, 2016

Valentine's Day

February 2014
This photo showed up on my Facebook page as a memory from 2014. Lots of snow that year on Valentine's Day. In fact it was a snowy couple of days.  Today we woke up to some of the coldest temperatures of the winter.  This weekend has been cold and windy with snow squalls; however, the sun is shining brightly now. Because of the issues I have with asthma, I don't do well with being outside when it is extremely cold so we decided to take a Sabbath Day at home today. We spent the morning relaxing and watching old Hallmark movies on TV. Hubby made me red velvet heart shaped pancakes for breakfast (I forgot to take a picture) and is cooking a special Valentine's dinner later today.  He loves cooking for me and I enjoy what he cooks.  We both win!


Several weeks ago I found this set of stamps at Michaels.  I thought they were just perfect for making valentines for my grandkids.  Aren't they just adorable? In fact they are also the ones my daughter-in-law used to make the valentines for my grandson's class that I showed in my last post.  

A friend had given me  a piece of fabric with cute little owls on it.  I love to create cards using images cut from fabric, so when I wanted to make a Valentine's card for my hubby the fabric and the stamp "OWL always love you" just seemed to naturally go together.  What fun!
  

Here is the card I created:


I used an Cuttlebug embossing folder to emboss a piece of 4 x 5 1/4" white cardstock for my card base.  The red hearts were cut with two heart dies that I have. I then embossed the sentiment with white embossing powder on the heart from the center of the larger heart.  After attaching the hearts to the base, I used dimensionals under the owl so she would pop up. The base was then adhered to a piece of 8 1/2 x 5 1/2" red cardstock.  On the inside I put two white hearts so I would have room for my Happy Valentine's Day message and note. I was really pleased with the final outcome and I think hubby was too!



Enjoy your Valentine's Day celebrating love and friendship with those you love!



No comments: