Thursday, February 4, 2016

Eagles' Wings

"But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40:21 (NIV)

This verse has been my life verse for all of my adult life.  I love the hope, encouragement, and strength that I glean from it.  As a result I love eagles and the power and strength that they represent.  I have some beautiful stamps with both the verse and the eagle that I have used many times to make cards to encourage others as well.

Today I decided I wanted to use those stamps in creating a new card and when I saw the monthly sketch challenge from Our Daily Bread Designs, I decided to use that sketch and my eagle theme to create a card.  Here is the card I created:

The base of my card was a 4 1/4" x 11 piece of light blue cardstock folded in half.  For the card front I used a piece of fabric featuring eagles that I mounted to sticky paper and trimmed to 4 x 5 1/4" and then mounted that to a piece of 4 1/8 x 5 4/8" piece of navy blue cardstock.  After stamping the sentiment I cut it in an oval shape using Sizzix framelits and mounted that on a slightly larger navy blue oval.  The smaller piece of light blue was embossed with a cloud embossing folder, cut to 3 1/4 x 2 3/4" and mounted on a piece of light brown cardstock, 3 3/8 x 2 7/8". The center banner was a piece of designed paper 1 1/4" wide.  I then assembled the card as shown and added the navy blue bow and 3 burnished gold stars before attaching the front to the card base.

I will be entering my card in the Our Daily Bread Design Sketch Challenge ODBDSLC270.



2 comments:

Conniecrafter said...

such pretty fabrics to go with the verse

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a clever use of fabric!! Beautiful!! Love how the fabric frames the verse so beautifully!! Such a pretty take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us at ODBD!!