Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Snowy Day

The snow has been gently falling all day.  Fortunately it is not accumulating as much as it did two weeks ago.  But outside my window looks like a winter wonderland and it is still snowing.  We have about 7 inches so far.


It was a perfect day to spend in my craft room creating a few cards.  This past weeks I have been creating cards for some of our male friends.  The first one was a get well card for a friend who recently had surgery.



This card is a box card.  The instruments were cut from a piece of fabric which I adhered to sticky paper and then cut out before attaching to the card.  The neat thing about box cards is that they lay flat to fit into an envelope so they can be mailed.

I also made a couple birthday cards for some upcoming birthdays.


The cars on this one are also cut from fabric. I love working with fabric.  


This one  is a step card that I created today. I have a cute set of tool stamps that I used to stamp and cut out the pieces for the card.  I had to do some cutting and pasting to get different colored handles for the larger tools!  I don't always make cards with a specific person in mind but each of these three were. When I am making a card with a specific person in mind, I love being able to pray for them as I am creating the card.

Just for fun, here are some valentine cards I helped my daughter-in-law make Sunday evening during the Super Bowl.  They are for grandson's Xayden's preschool class. Many schools no longer allow the children to bring candy to school, so I think the little plastic animals are a nice addition to a simple card.   I think she did a super job.  The finished cards were adorable.  I wish I had remembered to take a picture of the back as well.  Each of them had a stamped animal (fox, owl, and squirrel) and "Happy Valentine's Day."



Enjoy your day!







No comments: