Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Will It Snow? and Pop Out Cards

As I am writing this post, we are awaiting the arrival of a snowstorm. If it arrives as called for, it will be our first snowstorm of the winter. We have had some snow showers and some snow flurries but we have yet to get our first measurable inch of snow here in south central Pennsylvania. It's hard to think about waking up to snow tomorrow morning when the temperatures were into the 60s today! We certainly have been having crazy weather this winter. 

Meanwhile, I have been busy in my craft room. One of my Christmas presents was a die to make pop out cards so I have been experimenting with it. Here are a few samples:










These are all birthday cards.  As you can see, I love flowers and I think this type of die lends itself very well to working with flowers. These flowers are cut from fabric. I have another similar die that allows more versatility in where the pop outs are as well as more depths.  I haven't played with it much yet.

I think they turned out pretty well. What do you think? Do you have a favorite?

Enjoy the snow!



No comments: