Thursday, February 16, 2017

Snow and a Sewing Project

When I wrote my last post we were expecting snow. Well, we finally got snow last Thursday, but not as much as what was predicted. We only got about 3 inches here at our house.  However, it was very pretty. And it was enough to close many of the schools in our area for the day. Mostly because of the timing of the snowstorm, not the amounts. Here are just a couple of pictures from our side and backyards.


My project for last Friday was a little sewing project. My daughter-in-law wanted a carseat poncho for my grandson to wear when he was in the car since it is not recommended that children be in heavy coats in the carseat. So after looking at a lot of different ones on Pinterest, I made him one. It is reversible so he can choose which side he wants.





Here you can see the two different fabrics I used.













                  




Here he is checking it out. The neck is a little larger than it would have needed to be. She didn't want it to have a hood, so I had to experiment with it. I had a hard time getting him to stand still so I could take a picture. He seems to like it very much. 

And I caught this beautiful sunset from my front porch one afternoon this week.






No comments: