Saturday, April 9, 2016

Z-fold Cards

I have seen several cards this week on Pinterest that were called Z-fold cards. I have made them before and decided to make some today again. This first one is a simple Z-fold.





And here is a view of the inside of my card.


I started with an 8 1/2 x 5 1/4 piece of white cardstock.  I scored the card stock at 2 1/8" from both short sides.  When folded, the two flaps meet at the center. The designer panels on the front are 1 3/4 by 5.  I also used a butterfly border die from  Memory Box to cut the butterfly edge from white cardstock and attached it to the designer paper for the left side before adhering it to the front left panel.

My second card is a variation called a double Z-fold.


For this one i started with a 5 1/2 x 12" piece of cardstock which I scored at 2", 4", 8", and 10" and then folded as seen above. The panels of designer paper are 1 3/4 x 5".  I like the double Z-fold card style.  It stands up for a nice display.

Have a wonderful weekend!


No comments: