Saturday, April 2, 2016

This Week's Craftiness!

This week I have been thinking Spring as I was making cards.  I have been playing with some of the pretty designer papers I have in my stash as well as some of the recent fabrics that I purchased.

But first, my hubby surprised with me with some stamps that he found at Goodwill. My first card was made using three of the little stamps that he brought home.




I took a 2 x 5 1/4" piece of perfect plum cardstock from Stampin' Up and using a circle punch, tried to evenly space the three holes. Then I used it as a template to stamp the three images on a piece of white cardstock and colored them with my colored pencils. It took a couple tries to get them lined up the way I wanted them! I used a piece of designer paper for my card front and finished it as seen here. The card front was mounted on a white card base.  I don't often do cards with colored pencil, so this was a nice change.





Here are two similar cards that I made using strips of designer paper in a sunburst pattern.  On the first one I used an image that I had cut from fabric. The second one has a cardstock flower from a pack I had purchased at a yard sale last summer.























And a few more cards made with fabrics.





All in all, it was a productive week. Card crafting is relaxing and something I really enjoy doing. Which is your favorite?

No comments: