Friday, March 4, 2016

Weekend Getaway

It has been a busy week so I haven't had a chance to update my blog yet. Sometimes I wonder how i had time to do everything I did when I was working fulltime!  Of course, I am sure there are a lot of things that just didn't get done.

We took a little mid-winter getaway last weekend.  We really felt it was time for some rest and relaxation as well as time to look ahead and set some goals for the next chapter of our lives. My dear hubby celebrates his sixty-sixth birthday tomorrow, which means he has reached the age that he can take full retirement. He has not decided that he is ready to do that.  We went to a little bed and breakfast in Solomons, MD.  It was a beautiful location and the weather was absolutely gorgeous. It was just a perfect place for our own personal marriage retreat!


All of the rooms at this B&B are named for herbs.  We stayed in Lavender Cottage and this was a picture that Elvin took looking out the front of the cottage. We had been to this place in June, 2014 and the gardens and grounds are so pretty.  It was amazing to see how much new growth is beginning to show.




Elvin likes to get up early. Here is a picture he took of the sunrise over the water on Saturday morning. It was just the best setting for relaxing, reading, talking, and planning.  And the innkeeper makes the most delicious breakfasts.




Getting back to reality after a weekend away is always difficult but I had plenty to do this week.  I spent one day shopping with my sister-in-law at some of our favorite craft shops and one morning making cookies with my daughter-in-law. We certainly had a lot of fun.  Today is a day to do the laundry, some cleaning, and catching up in preparation for a busy weekend ahead.

Blessings on your day!

1 comment:

Doris said...

Know what you mean...how in the world did I have time to work full time?!!
Nice place you went to. Makes me want to go there too :)