Sunday, September 11, 2016

Crafting Fun!

Another weekend has come.  I am loving this break from the heat and looking forward to the fall weather.  This past week has been a busy one, working with my card crafting.  I have been creating some more cards and beginning to design and think about Christmas cards. Here are a few cards I made with a beautiful piece of fabric that I purchased at "Farmhouse Memories", one of my favorite craft stores. I really love these cheery birds.



Fall craft show season has begun and my friend Beckie and I did our first one yesterday.  Here we are with our display all set up and ready to go. Unfortunately, it was not a very profitable one. Crowds were light and those who were there were more interested in the yard sale items than in the craft items. We are scheduling a few more shows for the fall here before Christmas. It takes a lot of time to try to figure out the best options, but is all part of the business experience.


The third thing I did this week relating to my cards was to open my own Etsy shop.  Hubby has been encouraging me to do that for quite a while as well as a few other people, so after a lot of research and patience, I finally did it.  You can view my shop here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/LorelCardsandMore. Now we'll wait and see whether it will be a profitable venture or not!

This week I am looking forward to a little "Card Crafting Retreat" at a friend's cabin in Sullivan County where we the girls I get together with on a monthly basis will have a few days of fellowship and making cards.  I'm sure I will have some new ones to show when we get back!

No comments: