Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Painting

We have been busy these past two weeks painting.  Our double wide is a 1991 model and it still has all the original wallboards.  So we have decided that this was the year to update the interior by painting. Previously to this year, I have never done any house painting, so this was a new experience for me. And I have decided that I do not like painting at all.


The house is all tore up, with furniture sitting in the middle of the room so that we can get to the walls to paint. My house looks like someone is getting ready to move!



The quality of the picture is not the greatest and the lighting in the room is dim, but in the living room we did the upper walls in ivory with a deep wine below the chair rail.

















In the dining room and the front room we used the same ivory color for the upper walls with an old world blue for the lower half.  All three rooms look fresh and clean after the painting.




















The master bedroom and bathroom got very light blue walls with one darker wall in the bedroom.  I am using a lighthouse theme in these two rooms. 










We still have a little bit to finish in the front room - I am waiting for hubby to reach the center peak that I can't quite reach.  And then we have the kitchen and laundry room to paint yet.  Maybe it will get finished this week.

Today I spent redecorating and rehanging the pictures in the rooms that are finished. It's beginning to feel like home again!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I too am not a fan of painting but it is a necessary job at times. I have to say you've done a fantastic, neat job. I like your lighthouse clock too! It is a great thing to find accessories which complement your chosen theme. Good luck with the two rooms you have left to do.