Thursday, June 11, 2009

Beginning of Summer

I'm not very good at blogging. It seems like I get so caught up in everyday life that I just don't get around to doing this. Maybe it's because I think I have to have a great idea to write about and I can't think of anything. But really, the thought for this blog was just to have a place to journal or write about my day, or whatever. Nothing earth shattering. Just me, experiencing life.

Today was the first official day of summer "vacation." For me that means wrapping up the remains of the last school year and heading full speed ahead into preparations for the new school year. But it was my first day of working at home for this summer. There is something really great about working at home, and somehow I seem to have no trouble working and putting in a full day's work. I like starting at 6 a.m. if I feel like it. I like taking the time out to have coffee with Nean, to watch the grandkids for a bit, and just the more relaxed pace than being in the office behind a desk. Too bad everybody can't have the experience of working at home.

So today, I enjoyed having coffee with my daughter. I was even able to watch Dante while she took Zoƫ to the doctor - poor little tyke is running a fever and apparently her throat is very raw and red (but no strep!). I was even able to do a few loads of laundry in preparation for vacation in between working.

And now it's evening - and tomorrow is the start of our mini vacation. Four days away - back to the great little B&B we stayed at last fall in Lexington, VA. I am so ready for vacation.

1 comment:

Jean said...

How wonderful for you to be able to have coffee with your daughter. I'm looking forward to coffee with Anthony and Lori come Fall. Did you see our news about Dick's job and my future switch from teacher to nanny?