Monday, April 27, 2009

I'm "Maritorious"

I found a new word today to describe me. I'm maritorious. Every morning on my way to work I have WDAC on my car radio. I love the "word of the day" segment each morning. This morning's word was "maritorious." The announcer gave the definition of "being excessively fond of one's husband." That got me to thinking. Can one really be excessive in one's fondness to the person with whom she has chosen to spend her life?

I mean, think about it. We are commanded to love our spouses. So how much is too much? When does it become excessive? It seems to me there can't really be an excessiveness when it comes to fondness for the one you love more than life itself! But if there is, then I am content to be maritorious - because I am, and I'm not ashamed to admit it, excessively fond of my husband.

Oh, and just in case you are wondering, if you are a husband who is excessively devoted to your wife you are "uxorious."

No comments: