Sunday, November 28, 2010

Black Friday

While everyone is out shopping on Black Friday, we have a tradition that began when I was first married and has continued down through the years. The day after Thanksgiving is the day to bake Christmas cookies!  The tradition began with baking them with my sisters. Sometimes it would be with a friend and as the children grew they joined in.This year my annual cookie bake included my daughter and son-in-law, my daughter-in-law and her mother and her two nieces, my daughter in heart, and my two grandchildren.  

We have our traditional favorites that we make every year. Sometimes we try new ones and sometimes they don't turn out the way we expect.  This year we each brought our dough all mixed up and ready to bake.  We baked  nine different kinds of cookies.  There was lots of laughter and joking. And of course tasting as we tried each new batch of cookies. 


First cookies - eggnog snickerdoodle
A very important job - unwrapping chocolate kisses for Peanut Butter Blossoms and Lemon Kiss Cookies

Nean and Jeff making Orange Craisin Oatmeal Cookies
LeLe dropping cookies

Decorators at Work  (LeLe and Dante)
 We had a busy day and made 58 dozen cookies so we all had lots of delicious cookies to take home with us to enjoy throughout the holiday.

No comments: